- MEDICAL BIOTECHNOLOGY
- PLANT BIOTECHNOLOGY (Double Diplomas)
- INNOVATIVE BIOELECTROTECHNOLOGIES
- APPLIED BIOTECHNOLOGY
Specialization Innovative Bioelectrotechnologies
The objective of specialization Innovative Bioelectrotechnologies is to deepen student knowledge on the mechanims underlying innovative bioelectrotechnologies (electroporation, electrofusion, electrotransformation, etc.), applications of these technologies in biology, medicine, biotechnology, and food and biomass processing in order to get prepared for their future professional or research activities in this area. It is comprised of four compulsory subjects (24 ECTS) covering different aspects of innovative bioelectrotechnologies.
Compulsory Subjects (6 ECTS each) of this specialization:
- 1. Mechanims and Methods of Bioelectrotechnologies BTC 6011;
- 2. Biomedical Applications of Pulsed Electric Fields BTC 6012;
- 3. Instrumentation and Electrochemistry of PEF Technologies BTC 6013;
- 4. Applications of Pulsed Electric Fields for Food and Biomass Processing BTC 6014.
Students can start composing a unique, individualised profile of their degree already during the first year of their study by choosing two elective subjects. This way they can direct their studies toward innovative bioelectrotechnologies even more by studying subjects, which are closely related to this area or useful.
Elective Subjects recommended for specialization Innovative Bioelectrotechnologies (6 ECTS each):
1. Bionanotechnology and Biomodeling BIO 6002;
2. Biofuel BIF 5001.
1. Quantum-Chemical and Molecular Dynamics Modeling BIO 5009;
2. Biophotonics FIZ 5013.